Pros and Cons of Living in Summerlin
Pros and Cons of Living in Summerlin. Summerlin is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in the state of Nevada, and for plenty of good reasons. It is the largest master-planned community and is along the western rim of the Las Vegas Valley in the shadow of the Spring Mountain Range and Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
This 22,500-square-foot, multi-generational community is alive with more than 250 parks, 150 miles of trails, 10 golf courses, more than two dozen public and private schools, 14 houses of worship, three resort hotels, world-class recreational facilities, retail and entertainment centers, well-established office parks, a state-of-the-art medical center, and its very own city center.
But before moving into any new area, it’s a good idea to weigh up the pros and cons of that area, prior to making a decision. If you asked certain residents of Summerlin, they’d probably say that the pros of living there undoubtedly outweigh any cons.
Summerlin is an amazing master planned community, but it’s definitely not for anyone. So, before you decide to move to the Summerlin area make sure you know all of the pros and cons.
Cons of Living in Summerlin
- Higher than average home prices
- Higher cost of living
- Further away from the Las Vegas Strip and Airport
- Public Transportation: Sure, there is public transportation, but it is not quite efficient or widespread.
Pros of Living in Summerlin
- Excellent Schools – Summerlin is home to more than two-dozen schools, including 11 nationally-recognized private schools and 14 public schools.
- Shopping Conveniences – Downtown Summerlin, Bocca Park, Tivoli Village
- There’s always something to do – Las Vegas Ball Park, City National Arena, Downtown Summerlin, 3 Casinos
- Awesome Parks – Summerlin has over 250 parks and within each Village there are major parks
- Abundant Outdoor Recreations – 150+ miles of trails, close to Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, Parks, Pools, 10 Golf Courses
- Weather in Summerlin is Cooler – The temperature in Summerlin is cooler than most other parts of the valley by 4 to 7 degrees
- Exceptional Quality of Life – There are also five 55+ Active Adult Retirement Communities in Summerlin
- Strong real estate values – Homes tend to uphold their values more so in Summerlin, compared to anywhere else in the valley.
In all honesty it was very hard to find the cons for living in Summerlin. The major con for me, is that the homes in Summerlin tend to be much more expensive than the rest of the Las Vegas Valley. They don’t say location, location, location for a reason.
Living in Summerlin is a great place for families, retirees, and professionals alike. If you are thinking about buying a home in Summerlin, then I am your local Summerlin Real Estate expert. You can always give me a call at 702-370-5112, check out my YouTube Channel, or better yet check out my website at www.neighborhoodsinlasvegas.com for everything you need to know about Summerlin.
Also, if you are thinking about buying or selling in the Las Vegas Valley, CLICK HERE or you can call me at 702-370-5112.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel: http://bit.ly/YouTubeAOHare
Favorite Las Vegas Realtor
Home Realty Center