The Vistas Park is a 24-acre park located in the Vistas Village and is part of Summerlin West at 11311 Alta Drive. This park is home to Summerlin’s first lighted football field, two lighted softball fields with a concession building, two lighted tennis courts, a lighted full-sized basketball court with 6 hoops, two children’s play areas, a group picnic pavilions and community restrooms.
The Vistas Park is home to the third resident-only swimming pool that features a large slide, a child’s lagoon with frog fountains, lounge areas with chairs, and a bathhouse. As well as the 7,900 sq. ft. Vistas Community Center that is adjacent to the Vistas Park and that hosts a variety of classes and programs for residents.
The Vistas Park is also Summerlin South Little League’s second home and is the home of their girl’s softball program. It hosts most softball games, some baseball games and tournaments, as well as practices for the 50/70, Majors, AAA, or AA Divisions. It has two regulation Little League fields (lighted for night games and practices and convertible to 50/70), a concession building, and bull pens for each field.
Vistas Park Rules and Regulations:
- Park is open daily until 10:30 pm.
- No alcoholic beverages or glass containers are allowed in the park.
- No dogs are allowed in the park unless they are restrained by a leash. Pet owners are required to pick up after their pets.
- No dogs are allowed in activity or sports areas. All other animals prohibited.
- No vehicles are allowed in the park except in posted parking areas or roadways. All vehicles entering and operating in the park shall strictly obey traffic laws and posted signs.
- Absolutely no parking in red zones and along curbed entry ways.
- No camping or lodging is allowed in the park.
- No fires are allowed other than in the park barbecue.
- No fireworks, firearms or weapons of any type are allowed in the park.
- No golfing is allowed in the park.
- Sales of any kind are prohibited unless prior authorization is obtained from the Summerlin council.
- Reservation of area in the park for approved special events is available through special use permits from the Summerlin council.
- Any damaging or defacing of any real or personal property in the park is strictly prohibited. Any person found to have committed an act of vandalism shall be prosecuted. Anyone witnessing any act of vandalism is requested to call the Summerlin Council at 702-341-5500.
Vistas Park Pool Rules and Regulations:
- Suitable swim apparel is required in the pool area.
- Bathers must wear appropriate attire that is designed and intended for use as swimwear. Street clothing such as cotton fabrics, basketball shorts, denim, shoes, and socks are not permitted.
- Children under 2 ½ years must wear little swimmer pants or plastic pants before entering the pool.
- No animals are permitted in the pool or on the deck and surrounding areas except for service animals.
- No smoking within the pool or on the deck and surrounding areas.
- No glass items allowed.
- Food is allowed in designated areas only.
- Shower before entering pool.
- Do not swim if you have open wounds.
- Do not swim if you are ill with diarrhea or have had diarrhea within the past two weeks.
- Diaper changing on the deck is prohibited.
- Facilities Maintenance Services, Inc. 702-247-7707
- All swimmers must shower prior to entering the pool water
- Do not swim with open wounds or sores, if you are ill with diarrhea or have had diarrhea within the past two weeks
- The use of personal floatation devices, rafts and water toys is subject to the approval of the lifeguards. The responsible adult must be within arm’s length of each child wearing a flotation device
- No rough play allowed including dunking, pushing, splashing and cannonballing
- Intentional hyperventilation or extended breath holding activities are dangerous and prohibited
- Diaper changing on the deck is prohibited
- Do not pollute, urinate or defecate in the pool water
- Do not swallow or spit pool water
- Only sunscreen and tanning lotions allowed. No oils
- Unsafe or offensive conduct is prohibited. Persons using obscene or profane language will be asked to leave
- Only battery-operated radios with head phones are allowed within the pool enclosure
- The use of pool toys, floats, etc., is subject to the approval of the lifeguards
- The use of personal floatation devices is subject to the approval of the lifeguards and are not a substitute for parental supervision
Vistas Tennis Court Rules:
- No organized or professional tennis instruction permitted without approval of the Summerlin Council.
- Court time limit is one hour for singles and one and a half hour time limit for doubles.
- All players must wear tennis shoes.
- No bicycles, rollerblades, rollerskates or any other wheeled conveyances allowed on tennis courts.
- Tennis court hours are 6:00 am to 10:00 pm.
- No food allowed on courts, only sport bottles and resealable non-glass containers with water are allowed on the courts.
- Proper tennis court etiquette is to be observed at all times.
- Note: Courts could be slippery when wet or dirt.
Basketball Court Rules:
- All courts are reserved for open play except for Summerlin Council. Sponsored events: no team practices while others are waiting.
- Non-marking sole shoes only.
- No skateboards, in-line skates, rollerskates, scooters, gas powered vehicles or bicycles are allowed on the surface of the basketball court.
- No alcoholic beverages or glass containers.
- No abusive language or profanity.
- No loud music.
- Basketball court closes at 10:00 p.m.
- Any damaging or defacing of any real or personal property in the park is strictly prohibited. any person found to have committed an act of vandalism shall be prosecuted. Anyone witnessing any act of vandalism is requested to call the Summerlin Council at 702-341-5500.
THE VISTAS PARK & POOL – all photos taken by Angela O’Hare
Summerlin West Community Association
2115 Festival Plaza Drive, Suite #220
Las Vegas, NV 89135
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday – Closed